In this episode of the DisGeek crew talks about the 20th Anniversary of The Indiana Jones Adventure. We also talk about price increases, the new Smokejumpers restaurant, and the return of Mad T. Party. [Read more…]
The Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration is going to launch with a 24-hour event on, May 22-23!
The all-day/all-night celebration will begin at 6 a.m. on Friday, May 22 and will conclude 24 hours later at 6 a.m. on Saturday, May 23. The event will include dancing and special character encounters at locations in Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks, along with enchanting Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration décor throughout the resort and, of course, the shows and attractions that our guests love.
Here’s a look at what is coming when the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration begins May 22:
- “Paint the Night” Parade – After dark, along the Disneyland park parade route, 24-hour event guests will be among the first to see the new “Paint the Night” parade, showcasing beloved Disney characters in dazzling parade scenes illuminated with more than 1.5 million individually controlled lights – the first all-LED parade in Disneyland Resort history.
- “Disneyland Forever” Fireworks - Disneyland park itself plays a starring role in the “Disneyland Forever” fireworks spectacular, also premiering during the 24-hour event. Breathtaking fireworks shows have long been a Disneyland Resort tradition and “Disneyland Forever” soars to new levels, immersing guests from the tips of their toes to the brilliant pyrotechnic bursts above, thanks to special effects that turn the storefronts of Main Street, U.S.A., the Matterhorn and the facade of “it’s a small world” into gigantic projection screens filled with color, characters and surprises.
- “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” – Award-winning actor Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse will be the hosts of the all-new “World of Color” show, premiering May 22 during the 24-hour event. “World of Color – Celebrate!” illuminates the night in a fun-filled and inspirational journey exploring Walt Disney’s decades-long legacy of memorable animated moments and his dream of Disneyland park.
In this episode we talk about Disneyland’s 60th Anniversary Plans. We also visit the Main Street Newsstand and Tip of the Week returns! [Read more…]
Three all new nighttime spectaculars will entertain guests during the 60th Diamond anniversary beginning in May 22nd.
The electrifying new shows will take guests into the worlds of Disney stories like never before, celebrating 60 years of magic with a nighttime parade that shines with more than 1.5 million individually controlled lights – the first all-LED parade at the resort; a reinvention of the classic fireworks that adds projections to transform the park experience; and a moving, new version of “World of Color” that celebrates Walt Disney’s dream for Disneyland.
In addition, the iconic Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland and Carthay Circle Theatre in Disney California Adventure will glisten and gleam for the celebration, each with its own diamond medallion. The Disneyland Resort and surrounding streets will sparkle with Diamond Celebration décor and festive banners in shades of Disneyland blue. Also bearing the diamond anniversary theme, creative merchandise and food items will be designed to complement the celebration.
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he inaugurated a tradition of innovative, immersive storytelling that inspired classic theme park attractions such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, Star Tours, Soarin’ Over California, Toy Story Midway Mania and Radiator Springs Racers. The Diamond Celebration will continue this tradition with three fantastic new shows that expand the boundaries of after-dark entertainment – Disney’s signature “kiss goodnight.”
- “Paint the Night” parade – New technology and unleashed imagination permeate this after-dark parade, flooding Main Street, U.S.A., in Disneyland with vibrant color and more than 1.5 million, brilliant LED lights that flash and glow as they bring Disney stories to life. The luminescent parade introduces a new era of magical entertainment, as Mickey Mouse uses his imagination to harness the power of Tinker Bell’s pixie dust and “Paint the Night” in dazzling Disney dreams. Those dreams include special appearances by Mickey’s pals and beloved characters from tales such as “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Toy Story” and “Frozen.” The parade features special effects, unforgettable music, energetic performances, fun surprises and spectacular floats, with Mickey leading the grand finale.
- “Disneyland Forever” fireworks spectacular – The Disneyland Resort tradition of creating big, dazzling fireworks shows will soar to new levels as “Disneyland Forever” immerses guests in stories from the tips of their toes to the sky high above. Thanks to the largest installation of projection mapping technology in a Disney park and surprising special effects, guests will find themselves transported into the worlds of beloved Disney and Disney●Pixar films, including a dance with King Louie from the “The Jungle Book” and a flight over London with characters from “Peter Pan.” Showing just how magical the Magic Kingdom can be, the fireworks “stage” will extend to Main Street, U.S.A., “it’s a small world,” Rivers of America and the Matterhorn as projections transform familiar park icons into stunning story scenes. Two original songs also will be featured, the theme “Live the Magic,” and the inspiring closing song “Kiss Goodnight,” written by Disney Legend Richard Sherman. “Disneyland Forever” will be visible from Main Street, U.S.A., and several Disneyland locations.
- “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” – Mickey Mouse will entertain guests as mischievous host of this fun-filled new presentation of the popular, nighttime “World of Color” spectacular in Disney California Adventure. Illuminating the night in a contemporary and moving celebration of Walt Disney and his dream of Disneyland, Mickey Mouse will take guests on an inspirational journey through the unparalleled imagination of Walt Disney, exploring his decades-long legacy of memorable animated moments and the dream of Disneyland Park. Both epic and intimate in scope, “World of Color – Celebrate!” brings to life the remarkable story of Walt and The Happiest Place on Earth with animated imagery, live-action film, fountains, lasers, special effects and a stirring musical score, all on the magical water canvas of “World of Color.”
The popularity of Disneyland through nearly 60 years celebrates Walt Disney’s dream of a place where family members of all ages can have fun together in an atmosphere that emphasizes imagination, fantastic storytelling and extraordinary guest service. Since 1955, dignitaries, heads of state, celebrities and more than 700 million guests have passed through the gates of a place that Walt imagined as “a source of joy and inspiration to the world.”
Disneyland’s 60th Diamond Celebration begins on May 22
In this episode Jae reviews his experience with the new Fantasmic! Dining package. We also talk about the new Frozen Fun and Freeze the Night Away dance party that replaced Mad T Party. Plus all of the latest news and rumors.
By Jae Brattain
On December 12th, Disneyland began a new way to view the popular Fantasmic! light and musical show on the Rivers of America. They started an official fastpass system similar to the World of Color show at Disney California Adventure park. One of the exciting options to obtain a ticket is to book a dining package. There are four experiences to choose (in order of cost from highest to lowest): Blue Bayou Restaurant ($61 adult/$23 child), River Belle Terrace ($42 adult/$22 child), Hungry Bear Restaurant Dessert Party ($30 per person), and Aladdin’s Oasis On-The-Go Dining package ($20 adult/$14 child).
Explore the magic of Disneyland through food! When guests go to the resort, they often think of the rides, shows, and attractions. However, when it comes to food, they tend to regard it as an afterthought. Magical Food Tour will open your eyes to a new way to think about the Happiest Place on Earth.
Guests will journey across the lands uncovering wonderful flavors throughout. Over the years, Disneyland has put a lot of effort in evolving their menus and improving the quality of their cuisine. In the past, theme park food was generally thought of as subpar. That is no longer the case. There is no reason to leave the parks to get food and interrupt your magical day.
Where can you locate a particular type of food to fit your mood? How can you save money? Do you know the best way to get the freshest treats possible? Which places offer unlimited refills on certain beverages? These questions and others are answered during this culinary adventure.
All tours will be limited to a maximum of 8 guests at a time. This means you will be treated to a more personalized experience. The journey takes approximately 2-1/2 hours and covers the majority of Disneyland park. Each experience is walked at a leisurely pace to ensure no one gets left behind. There will be a total of six samples provided, so you get a glimpse into the variety of foods available.
To help one man’s dream become a reality, please visit the Magical Food Tour IndieGoGo campaign here: http://igg.me/at/MagicalFoodTour/x/8478717. You can be a part of something very special and save money at the same time! If you just want to book a tour, we are offering DisGeek listeners a special 20% discount on tours. All you need to do is input the code DISGEEK20. Visit our website at: http://www.disgeek.com/MagicalFoodTour.
With Magical Food Tour, you will discover the rich history behind the many food establishments, learn tips and secrets to saving money, as well as sample some of the delicious dishes. Whether you’re a first time guest, casual attendee, or a hardcore Annual Passholder, this tour will provide valuable insight into the foods of Disneyland to make informed decisions of the best places to dine.
As rumored the Frozen themed attractions titled, “Frozen Fun” will make it’s way over to Disney California Adventure. Taking a hint from the extremely successful “Frozen Fun” over at Disney Hollywood Studios in Orlando, DCA’s version will have a few new added things.
According to the Disney Parks Blog, this is a “limited engagement” beginning on January 7, 2015. However no end date has been listed and Florida’s version, that is still up and running, was supposed to be limited as well. In fact, it was supposed to be just a summer thing.
Our food budget for the entire day is only $40. What can you possibility get? Find out in this episode as we play $40 a day! We also visit the Main Street Newsstand. Plus we read some emails and listen to some listener voicemails.
The holidays officially begin at the Disneyland Resort on November 13. Disney released info on this already however they have now announced a few for additions that wasn’t part of the original release.
According to the Disney Parks Blog, they will be adding some more, “Frozen” touches. Anna and Elsa will be featured in A Christmas Fantasy Parade, and also MORE songs from Frozen will be added to World of Color Winter Dreams. That show already has, “Let it Go” and “In Summer”. So maybe we will see, “Do you Want to Build a Snowman” and “For the First Time in Forever” sequences. Also returning to complete the Frozen trifecta is Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink.
But not everything is Frozen. A new show featuring all-new comedy and music that invites guests to sing along in a wacky tale of Christmas in the West. This show will be hosted at the Jingle Jangle Jamboree.
Finally, in this announcement “Jingle Cruise” will be returning.
Here is a recap of returning favorites:
- Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle
- “Believe… in Holiday Magic” fireworks
- A Christmas Fantasy Parade
- “it’s a small world” Holiday
- Haunted Mansion Holiday
- Jingle Cruise
- Jingle Jangle Jamboree
- “Holiday Time at the Disneyland Resort” guided tour
Disney California Adventure Park
- “World of Color – Winter Dreams”
- Disney ¡Viva Navidad! (featuring Three Kings Day celebration, January 2-6, 2015)
Downtown Disney District
- Downtown Disney Winter Village, featuring Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink
No word on the rumoured Frozen takeover in Hollywoodland at Disney California Adventure. However I feel that will be a non-holiday event. We’ll see.