In this episode the DisGeek crew discuss our favorite attractions from the Disneyland Resort that are no longer with us. We also talk about the parks re-opening dates during the COVID-19 pandemic.[Read more…]
In episode 161 the DisGeek crew talks about returning to Disneyland once the COVID-19 Pandemic is over. And other stuff.
The Shanghai Disneyland reopens in phases starting MAY 11 the following health and safety protocols include:
Employee screenings and protection
- Institute health and safety COVID-19 training for employees
- Encourage contactless interactions with visitors
- Provide masks and additional protective equipment to employees
Entrance and security checkpoints
- Require advanced reservations for daily visitors and annual pass holders
- Use government-issued Shanghai health QR code contact tracing system
- Implement temperature screening
- Limit attendance and pulse visitor entry
- Sanitize entry turnstiles
- Require visitors to wear protective face masks
Social distancing and sanitization
- Control visitor capacity and density
- Reduce 80,000 visitor capacity to 24,000 visitors per day
- Increase sanitization and disinfection measures at high-touch locations
- Install hand sanitizing stations at attraction entrances and exits
Rides and attractions
- Manage capacity in queues and on ride vehicles
- Structure queues to maintain social distancing
- Enforce social distancing on ride vehicles
- Sanitize ride vehicles, handlebars and queue railings
- Temporarily close some theater shows and children’s play areas
Shows and characters
- Temporarily suspend parades and nighttime spectaculars
- Offer nightly light and music show on the Enchanted Storybook Castle
- Temporarily halt close interactions and close-up photos with costumed characters
- Offer daily Mickey and Friends Express character procession
Dining safety protocols
- Manage restaurant capacity
- Allow visitors to remove protective face masks while dining
Twitter & Instagram
Connie Moreno heads over to Disneyland to watch the all-new, “Magic Happens” parade. Here is her review!
I’d really like your feedback. And you can send that feedback to me via
Music by Brockford Lee – The Brockford Files
In this episode, we are everywhere! But mostly trying to talk about Bob Iger.
Random News Items
Food and Wine Starts Friday
“Magic Happens” parade starts Friday as well
Twitter & Instagram
In this episode, Daniel, Tommy, and Chris wonder, if Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge will be dumbed down. Also, Tommy is going to the Oggie Boogie Bash and we search the internet for some tips.
Oggie Boogie Bash Tips
- Enter Disney California Adventure 3 hours before the event, and do attractions at your leisure. Prioritize Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark and the Cars Land “Haul-O-Ween” seasonal attraction overlays if you want some Halloween fun.
- If Halloween character meet & greets are a priority, do the ones around Carthay Circle starting 1 hour before the official Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween Party start time.
- Line up for Kingdom Hearts, Disney Afternoon, or Classic Disney Friends meet & greets immediately before the official party start time.
- Finish character meet & greets thirty minutes before the Frightfully Fun Parade steps off.
- Grab a parade spot near Paradise Garden Park for a low crowds location or facing Carthay Circle Theater for a photogenic spot.
- After the Frightfully Fun Parade, rush to the next high-priority meet & greet you missed or Villains Grove Trail at Redwood Creek.
- Do the Treat Trails, prioritizing Oogie Boogie, Mad Hatter, and Dr. Facilier (all of whom are in Hollywood Land).
- Grab a front zone viewing spot for World of Color – Villainous by entering near Golden Zephyr roughly 30 minutes before the second showing.
Will Galaxy’s Edge be dumbed down?