It’s a catching up episode and the DisGeek crew talks about all kinds of stuff. Including Disneyland! Plus we talk about how we are getting our Disney fix while Disneyland is closed.[Read more…]
The DisGeek crew discuss the all-new attraction, Rise of the Resistance at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland in Anaheim California
Rise of the Resistance now open
Tips for using the Virtual Queue per Mouse Planet:
- The easiest way to join the virtual queue is by using the existing Disneyland smartphone application. Download the app before you visit Disneyland, or, if you already have it, make sure to update to the latest version before you visit. It’s also a good idea to authorize the app to send you push notifications.
- Once inside Disneyland, you can request to join a boarding group as soon as the park officially opens for the day. Friday, January 17 is a Magic Morning day at Disneyland. Even though Magic Morning begins at 7:00 a.m., the virtual queue will not open until the published park opening of 8:00 a.m.
- Joining a boarding group is very similar to selecting a digital Fastpass. Users first select their party from a list of people to whom they are already linked in the Disneyland smartphone app, then click to add their party to the boarding group. The app will give you your assigned boarding group, and let you monitor the status of boarding groups.
- When it’s time for your boarding group to ride the attraction, the app will send an alert to your phone. At Walt Disney World, you currently have up to two hours to make your way to the the attraction. This grace period allows you plenty of time if you’re in the middle of a ride, parade, or meal when you get the alert, and we expect the policy will be the same at Disneyland.
- If you don’t use the Disneyland smartphone app, you can also join the virtual queue by going to one of several cast member-assisted stations throughout Disneyland. There, you will scan your admission media and receive a paper pass with your designated boarding group. In-park signage at the Guest Relations kiosks will display the current boarding group, so that you’ll know if it’s time to head back to the attraction with your paper ticket.
Now for the bad news: Simply having an assigned boarding group doesn’t guarantee you’ll be called to ride. In the event the attraction breaks down (an expected situation for a brand new ride during the opening weeks and months), the higher boarding group numbers may not be called to ride that day (and the uncalled numbers don’t roll over to the next day).
Twitter & Instagram
Per the Disney Parks Blog:
Attention Star Wars fans! You can now reserve access to fly the “fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy” at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
FastPass+ reservations for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run just became available in the My Disney Experience app for those of you planning to visit on or after Feb. 19.
When you make FastPass+ plans for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you can select between either Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run or Slinky Dog Dash (pending availability). Then, you can add additional experiences to plans, including Toy Story Mania, Alien Swirling Saucers, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Fantasmic! and more.
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run combines immersive storytelling with interactive gameplay and makes you the protagonist of your own Star Wars adventure! When it’s time for the mission to begin, you’ll be assigned one of three critical roles: Pilots, Gunners and Flight Engineers. It’s up to you and your fellow passengers to smuggle goods while avoiding any unnecessary entanglements.
Also, please note that during this grand opening period of our popular new attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, we will continue to operate the virtual queue system for entry. We may include this attraction in the FastPass+ service sometime in the future and will share more information at that time.
In this episode, Daniel, Tommy, and Chris wonder, if Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge will be dumbed down. Also, Tommy is going to the Oggie Boogie Bash and we search the internet for some tips.
Oggie Boogie Bash Tips
- Enter Disney California Adventure 3 hours before the event, and do attractions at your leisure. Prioritize Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark and the Cars Land “Haul-O-Ween” seasonal attraction overlays if you want some Halloween fun.
- If Halloween character meet & greets are a priority, do the ones around Carthay Circle starting 1 hour before the official Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween Party start time.
- Line up for Kingdom Hearts, Disney Afternoon, or Classic Disney Friends meet & greets immediately before the official party start time.
- Finish character meet & greets thirty minutes before the Frightfully Fun Parade steps off.
- Grab a parade spot near Paradise Garden Park for a low crowds location or facing Carthay Circle Theater for a photogenic spot.
- After the Frightfully Fun Parade, rush to the next high-priority meet & greet you missed or Villains Grove Trail at Redwood Creek.
- Do the Treat Trails, prioritizing Oogie Boogie, Mad Hatter, and Dr. Facilier (all of whom are in Hollywood Land).
- Grab a front zone viewing spot for World of Color – Villainous by entering near Golden Zephyr roughly 30 minutes before the second showing.
Will Galaxy’s Edge be dumbed down?
In Minisode 5 Daniel talks about that crazy fight in Toon Town and asks the question, is Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge a flop?
Low Attendance at Disneyland (Is Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge a flop?)
Related: Hiring Freeze?
Related: Red Car Trolly Boys to close
Rise of the Resistance Opening Timing
Mickey and Friends Band-Tastic Cavalcade to Return
I’d really like your feedback. And you can send that feedback to me via
Music by Brockford Lee – The Brockford Files