The DisGeek Crew explore the 5 Senses of Fantasyland. Sights, Sounds, Tastes, Smells, and Feelings. We also visit the Main Street Newsstand and have a listener tip.
Here is a video showcasing all of the awesome new merchandise that will be for sale during the 60th Anniversary Celebration.
The all new Smokejumpers Grill is now open.
This new quick-service location is the first phase of the Grizzly Peak Airfield addition to this land, in the space formerly known as Condor Flats. Smokejumpers Grill honors the brave men and women who fight wildfires in our California forests.
For more info visit the Disney Parks Blog
There is no connection to Disney Parks on this. It’s just awesome! Enjoy! [Read more…]
On LEGO’s official fan set submission site, there is a proposed Pinocchio LEGO Marionette that includes a Jiminy Cricket minifigure. If the project gets 10,000 supporters, then LEGO will review the set and see if it would make a viable product. Supporting a project is free so it’s a win/win for everyone. Please take a look at the project via the LEGO Idea’s website and give your support!
Here are some more details:
- Working marionette of Pinocchio with control bar
- Pinocchio marionette is 12 inches tall
- Minifigure of Jiminy Cricket and umbrella accessory
- Display stand
- Extra pieces included to make Pinocchio stringless for display (LEGO could also include extra pieces to make Pinocchio’s nose longer).
- Set includes 837 pieces total (this may change depending on how the official LEGO design turns out). Here is a breakdown of the current piece count.
- 667 pieces – Pinocchio (includes extra pieces to make stringless version)
- 140 pieces – the stand
- 23 pieces – control bar and strings
- 7 pieces – Jiminy Cricket minifigure and accessories
Again, please visit the LEGO Idea’s website and give your support!
You wanted to see Tomorrowland. Here it comes.
The Disney Parks Blog put together a neat video with Supervising Art Director Ramsey Avery. Avery has worked with different departments at Disney Parks to “build” a Tomorrowland for the film. He recently stopped by to share his excitement about the movie – and an amazing new trailer!
In this episode of the DisGeek crew talks about the 20th Anniversary of The Indiana Jones Adventure. We also talk about price increases, the new Smokejumpers restaurant, and the return of Mad T. Party. [Read more…]
The Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration is going to launch with a 24-hour event on, May 22-23!
The all-day/all-night celebration will begin at 6 a.m. on Friday, May 22 and will conclude 24 hours later at 6 a.m. on Saturday, May 23. The event will include dancing and special character encounters at locations in Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks, along with enchanting Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration décor throughout the resort and, of course, the shows and attractions that our guests love.
Here’s a look at what is coming when the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration begins May 22:
- “Paint the Night” Parade – After dark, along the Disneyland park parade route, 24-hour event guests will be among the first to see the new “Paint the Night” parade, showcasing beloved Disney characters in dazzling parade scenes illuminated with more than 1.5 million individually controlled lights – the first all-LED parade in Disneyland Resort history.
- “Disneyland Forever” Fireworks - Disneyland park itself plays a starring role in the “Disneyland Forever” fireworks spectacular, also premiering during the 24-hour event. Breathtaking fireworks shows have long been a Disneyland Resort tradition and “Disneyland Forever” soars to new levels, immersing guests from the tips of their toes to the brilliant pyrotechnic bursts above, thanks to special effects that turn the storefronts of Main Street, U.S.A., the Matterhorn and the facade of “it’s a small world” into gigantic projection screens filled with color, characters and surprises.
- “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” – Award-winning actor Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse will be the hosts of the all-new “World of Color” show, premiering May 22 during the 24-hour event. “World of Color – Celebrate!” illuminates the night in a fun-filled and inspirational journey exploring Walt Disney’s decades-long legacy of memorable animated moments and his dream of Disneyland park.