In this episode, Russell Flores joins us to talk about his new book, More Seen, Un-Seen Disneyland. We also talk about the big party Disneyland had for it’s 60th birthday.
The Disneyland Resort has just released the dates for Mickey’s Halloween Party.
The official dates are as follows:
Friday, Sept. 25
Monday, Sept. 28
Wednesday, Sept. 30
Friday, Oct. 2
Monday, Oct. 5
Wednesday, Oct. 7
Friday, Oct. 9
Monday, Oct. 12
Wednesday, Oct. 14
Friday, Oct. 16
Monday, Oct. 19
Thursday, Oct. 22
Friday, Oct. 23
Sunday, Oct. 25
Tuesday, Oct. 27
Thursday, Oct. 29
Saturday, Oct. 31
You can purchase your Mickey’s Halloween Party tickets early – and on your mobile device – here. Be sure to mark your calendars for the following dates:
- July 22: Tickets on sale to Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Rewards Visa card holders and Disney Vacation Club members
- July 29: Tickets on sale to general public
This year, Mickey’s Halloween Party will include “Paint the Night” parade and “Halloween Screams” fireworks. Mickey’s Costume Party cavalcade will not be featured this year and “Disneyland Forever” fireworks will be presented on non-party nights.
Halloween Time begins on September 11.
In addition to the popular Halloween Time seasonal attractions, Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, Mickey Mouse and his friends in Halloween costumes, the Dia de los Muertos celebration and the special after-hours Mickey’s Halloween Party (a separate, ticketed event), guests will also be able to enjoy the new nighttime spectaculars that are the signature of our 60th anniversary celebration – “Disneyland Forever” fireworks, “Paint the Night” parade and “World of Color – Celebrate!” as well as special sparkling Halloween decor in honor of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration.
For more info, visit the Disney Parks Blog.
In this episode the DisGeek crew review and discuss the all new World of Color – Celebrate! We also visit the Main Street Newsstand and bring you the latest news coming out of the Disneyland Resort!
Knotts, Universal, Six Flags, and Queen Mary Join Forces at ScareLA on Aug 8 – 9 at the Pasadena Convention Center
Can you believe it? We are just 5 weeks away from ScareLA, the ultimate summer Halloween event. Set to open doors for its third year on Aug 8 – 9, 2015 at the Pasadena Convention Center, the summer hit con is expecting over 10,000 of the most passionate scare fans, pros, and press. Growing to over 100,000 sq. ft. the event boasts 200+ vendors and 100+ hours of programming including theme park announcements, haunted attraction reveals, classes, demos, workshops, screenings and one-of-a-kind interactive experiences.
Here are a few highlights for this years program:
- All major SoCal theme parks, Knott’s Berry Farm, Universal Studios Hollywood, Queen Mary, and Six Flags are gathering to reveal their Halloween plans.
- Presentations from the masterminds behind American Horror Story, The Simpsons and Disney’s Hatbox Ghost.
- World premiere of the first convention-wide zombie infection game designed in conjunction with leading horror cosplay community, Reel Guise and Gantom Lighting & Controls
- Breaking a Guinness World Record with Sweet! and Sticky candy in Hollywood.
Scare LA’s full lineup can be found here:
Full Press Release:
Four Major Southern California Theme Parks Join Forces at ScareLA
Hit Summer Halloween Con First to Unite the Creative Masterminds Behind the Most Popular West Coast Scare Attractions; “Making Monsters: The Art of Terror” Presentation Coming to ScareLA this August
PASADENA / LOS ANGELES, CA — Following last year’s wildly successful “Making Monsters” stage panel, ScareLA, the first West Coast Halloween convention, is excited to announce its sequel presentation – “Making Monsters: The Art of Terror” to take place on August 8, 2015 at 1:30 pm at the Pasadena Convention Center. Hosted by Rick West, Programming Producer for ScareLA and Founder and Editor of Theme Park Adventure, the panel will bring together art directors from Southern California’s largest Halloween attractions: Knott’s Scary Farm, Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights, Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor, and Six Flags Magic Mountain Fright Fest to discuss the creative process behind each haunt.
This all-star lineup of haunt industry royalty is sure to be one of the highlights of ScareLA 2015, signifying only the second time anywhere that SoCal’s biggest Halloween attractions have come together on one stage in a show of support and unity, representing some of the the biggest Halloween events in the world.
Lara Hanneman will represent the granddaddy of all park haunts, Knott’s Scary Farm; JJ Wickham will reign from the fog of Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor; Mark Wing will creep out of the shadows of Valencia and represent Six Flags Magic Mountain Fright Fest; and Chris Williams will shed some light on the gruesome underside of Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights.
“It is terribly exciting to see ‘Making Monsters’ expand and continue to grow from what we accomplished last year,” says Rick West. “Southern California is the birthplace of the theme park haunt industry, so having these big players come together once again to chat about their roles in the creative process with fans is something we are very proud of. It’s groundbreaking and at the very core of what ScareLA is all about.”
Haunted attraction art directors play a key role in designing and developing the look and feel of ‘scare zones’ entertaining millions in Southern California each fall. From facades to individual scenes and more – art directors guide and build large teams to ensure the utmost quality of every facet of the experience.
In addition to hosting representatives from each top attraction, ScareLA is pleased to announce that major presentations by Knott’s Scary Farm, Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor, Six Flags Magic Mountain Fright Fest, and Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights will be on tap throughout the weekend during ScareLA, giving fans non-stop thrills and excitement from morning till night.
For more information and tickets, visit www.scarela.com. Be sure to follow ScareLA on Twitter, Periscope, Facebook, and Instagram. Join the conversation on social media using #ScareLA.
# # #
ScareLA is the Southern California convention dedicated to Halloween. It celebrates the unique spirit of the American scare season traditions and the deep local heritage of the Greater Los Angeles region. Founded by Lora Ivanova and David Markland in 2013, ScareLA is produced in partnership with Theme Park Adventure. Featuring more than 150 specialty vendors, hands-on workshops, world-class industry panels and presentations, ScareLA is a large-scale summer festival of all things Halloween, a $10 billion industry worldwide.
Here is a gallery of images taken from Scare LA 2014.
In this “Mini” episode our heroes talk about the 60th Diamond Anniversary Merchandise Event held in May. We also take a brief visit to the Main Street Newsstand.
In this episode the DisGeek crew talking about the launch of the Diamond Celebration 60th Anniversary and the 24 hour party.
We have been getting a lot of questions about the Disneyland 24 Hour Party. Luckily Disney has posted all the info you need to know. Check it out and have a great time!
The Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration kicks off this week with a 24-hour event on May 22-23 at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks! Some of you may be planning to arrive early in the hopes of being among the first to celebrate with us. If so, I’ve got some important information to share with you.
- Pumbaa lot will open for early arrivals at 10 p.m. the evening of May 21.
- Mickey & Friends Parking Structure will open at 4 a.m. and Toy Story Lot will open at 5 a.m. on May 22.
- Guests may bring games, blankets, chairs, tents and sleeping bags, but guests must return these items to their cars or hotel rooms and return to the line by 2 a.m.
- At 2 a.m., all guests in line will be moved through Security checkpoints to the Disneyland Resort Esplanade, where they will receive a commemorative keepsake while supplies last.
- No smoking, fighting or loud music will be allowed in line.
- All guests in line will be able to temporarily leave the line to use the restroom, purchase food or beverages, and return or retrieve items from their vehicles/hotel rooms.
- At 4 a.m., guests who choose to begin their day at Disneyland park will be escorted onto Main Street, U.S.A., to prepare for the opening celebration moment, which will take place at approximately 6 a.m. inside Disneyland park.
- Guests who choose to begin their day at Disney California Adventure park will be escorted onto Buena Vista Street at 5:30 a.m.
Costumes and Prohibited Items
- Costumes for adults are not allowed for this event. Please refer to the guidelines listed here.
- Be sure to check the list of prohibited items here.
- Lockers in the Disneyland Resort Esplanade and inside Disneyland park will be available at 4 a.m. Disney California Adventure park lockers will be available at 5:30 a.m.
- Regular park admission used on May 22 is valid for the entire 24-hour period (6 a.m. on May 22 through 6 a.m. on May 23). A special ticket is not required for this event.
- Disneyland Resort ticket booths will open at 2 a.m. on May 22.
- SoCal and SoCal Select Annual Passports will not be valid for admission on May 22.
- Premium, Deluxe and Premier Annual Passports will be valid for admission during the entire 24-hour period.
The DisGeek crew celebrates 100 episodes of podcasting goodness. In this episode we talk about the DisGeek origin story, and how the show has changed all of our lives.
This episode the DisGeek Crew discusses the latest news coming out of the Disneyland Resort. Daniel recaps Star Wars Celebration, and we react to to Star Wars – The Force Awakens emotional new trailer and we also have a listener email.
New video released today showing how Walt Disney’s visions of the future help inspire the upcoming film Tomorrowland. Check it out!
Tomorrowland opens in theaters nationwide on May 22, 2015.