In this episode the DisGeek crew talking about the launch of the Diamond Celebration 60th Anniversary and the 24 hour party.
We have been getting a lot of questions about the Disneyland 24 Hour Party. Luckily Disney has posted all the info you need to know. Check it out and have a great time!
The Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration kicks off this week with a 24-hour event on May 22-23 at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks! Some of you may be planning to arrive early in the hopes of being among the first to celebrate with us. If so, I’ve got some important information to share with you.
- Pumbaa lot will open for early arrivals at 10 p.m. the evening of May 21.
- Mickey & Friends Parking Structure will open at 4 a.m. and Toy Story Lot will open at 5 a.m. on May 22.
- Guests may bring games, blankets, chairs, tents and sleeping bags, but guests must return these items to their cars or hotel rooms and return to the line by 2 a.m.
- At 2 a.m., all guests in line will be moved through Security checkpoints to the Disneyland Resort Esplanade, where they will receive a commemorative keepsake while supplies last.
- No smoking, fighting or loud music will be allowed in line.
- All guests in line will be able to temporarily leave the line to use the restroom, purchase food or beverages, and return or retrieve items from their vehicles/hotel rooms.
- At 4 a.m., guests who choose to begin their day at Disneyland park will be escorted onto Main Street, U.S.A., to prepare for the opening celebration moment, which will take place at approximately 6 a.m. inside Disneyland park.
- Guests who choose to begin their day at Disney California Adventure park will be escorted onto Buena Vista Street at 5:30 a.m.
Costumes and Prohibited Items
- Costumes for adults are not allowed for this event. Please refer to the guidelines listed here.
- Be sure to check the list of prohibited items here.
- Lockers in the Disneyland Resort Esplanade and inside Disneyland park will be available at 4 a.m. Disney California Adventure park lockers will be available at 5:30 a.m.
- Regular park admission used on May 22 is valid for the entire 24-hour period (6 a.m. on May 22 through 6 a.m. on May 23). A special ticket is not required for this event.
- Disneyland Resort ticket booths will open at 2 a.m. on May 22.
- SoCal and SoCal Select Annual Passports will not be valid for admission on May 22.
- Premium, Deluxe and Premier Annual Passports will be valid for admission during the entire 24-hour period.
The Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration is going to launch with a 24-hour event on, May 22-23!
The all-day/all-night celebration will begin at 6 a.m. on Friday, May 22 and will conclude 24 hours later at 6 a.m. on Saturday, May 23. The event will include dancing and special character encounters at locations in Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks, along with enchanting Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration décor throughout the resort and, of course, the shows and attractions that our guests love.
Here’s a look at what is coming when the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration begins May 22:
- “Paint the Night” Parade – After dark, along the Disneyland park parade route, 24-hour event guests will be among the first to see the new “Paint the Night” parade, showcasing beloved Disney characters in dazzling parade scenes illuminated with more than 1.5 million individually controlled lights – the first all-LED parade in Disneyland Resort history.
- “Disneyland Forever” Fireworks – Disneyland park itself plays a starring role in the “Disneyland Forever” fireworks spectacular, also premiering during the 24-hour event. Breathtaking fireworks shows have long been a Disneyland Resort tradition and “Disneyland Forever” soars to new levels, immersing guests from the tips of their toes to the brilliant pyrotechnic bursts above, thanks to special effects that turn the storefronts of Main Street, U.S.A., the Matterhorn and the facade of “it’s a small world” into gigantic projection screens filled with color, characters and surprises.
- “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” – Award-winning actor Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse will be the hosts of the all-new “World of Color” show, premiering May 22 during the 24-hour event. “World of Color – Celebrate!” illuminates the night in a fun-filled and inspirational journey exploring Walt Disney’s decades-long legacy of memorable animated moments and his dream of Disneyland park.
This episode we take a look at Mickey and the Magical Map and we recap the 24 hour party. We also visit the Main Street Newsstand and we have our tip of the week. [Read more…]