EDIT: Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge opens at Disneyland on May 31st 2019 and August 29 at Walt Disney World’s Disney Hollywood Studios
We are getting closer and closer to the opening of Star wars: Galaxy’s Edge over at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. This week, Disney released all kinds of new information on what’s going on in Batuu.
Continuing their fight against the First Order, the Resistance has set up a base on the outskirts of Black Spire Outpost. In both parks, guest will run into old friends like, Ray, Finn, Poe, BB-8, and Chewie. And may have a run-in with the First Order.
Two all new thrilling attractions await us in the new land. Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
Per D23: “Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run is a level of guest participation in a ride that we haven’t done,” says Robin Reardon, portfolio executive producer, Walt Disney Imagineering. “When you step into that cockpit as the only flight crew of the only Millennium Falcon for the day that’s going on that mission, that’s a pretty amazing leap in terms of storytelling from the very beginning. And the payoff and participatory nature of the experience are, so far, unparalleled.”
The second attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, is one of the most advanced and immersive experiences ever undertaken by Walt Disney Imagineering. As new Resistance recruits, guests will join a climactic battle against the First Order, including a run-in with Kylo Ren. Their journey will take them inside a full-size starship and aboard a nearby Star Destroyer.
If you are looking for some drinks, check out Oga’s Cantina, Oga Garra’s spot of
Alcoholic beverages at the cantina include:
- Bespin Fizz
- Bloody Rancor
- Dagobah Slug Slinger
- Fuzzy Tauntaun
- Jedi Mind Trick
- Jet Juice
- The Outer Rim
- Spriran Caf
- T-16 Skyhopper
- Yub Nub
Non-alcoholic beverages include:
- Black Spire Brew
- Blue Bantha
- Carbon Freeze
- Cliff Dweller
- Hyperdrive Punch It!
- Jabba Juice
- Moogan Tea
- Tarine Tea
Per D23: You’ll find Oga lurking in the shadows, and locals know better than to dare cross the proprietor. DJ R-3X—formerly known as Captain Rex, the Starspeeder 3000 pilot droid from Star Tours—now calls Oga’s Cantina his home, where he’s in charge of providing the musical entertainment.
Hungry? Head over to Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, a multi-purpose transport shuttle docked atop a large hangar for traveling food shuttles. That’s where Chef
Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo
- Braised Shaak Roast, featuring beef pot roast with cavatelli pasta, kale, and mushrooms
- Fried Endorian Tip-Yip, a decadent chicken dish with roasted vegetable mash and herb gravy
- Felucian Garden Spread, a plant-based kefta “meatball” dish with herb hummus and tomato-cucumber relish with pita bread
- Ithorian Garden Loaf, a plant-based “meatloaf” dish served with roasted vegetable mash, seasonal vegetables, and mushroom sauce
- Smoked Kaadu Ribs, featuring smoked country sticky pork ribs with blueberry corn muffin and cabbage slaw
- Oven-roasted Burra Fish, featuring Dijon-crusted sustainable fish with mixed greens, roasted vegetables, quinoa, and pumpkin seeds with a creamy green curry ranch dressing
- Oven-roasted Tip Yip, featuring roasted chicken with mixed greens, roasted vegetables, quinoa, and pumpkin seeds with a creamy green curry ranch dressing
- Yobshrimp Noodle Salad, a marinated noodle salad with chilled shrimp
- raspberry crème puff with passion fruit mousse
- chocolate cake with white chocolate mouse and coffee custard.
- fried chicken with macaroni and cheese
- chilled shrimp with vegetables and rice noodle salad (with sweet orange dressing).
- Moof Juice
Of course, there will be merch! And in stores like The Droid Depo, Savi’s Workshop, Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities, Creature Stall, and the Resistance Supply. Per D23: One thing you won’t find: “evergreen” Star Wars products. Everything was created specifically for Galaxy’s Edge. Or, as Brad puts it, “We’re giving today’s consumers an experience only we can deliver.” Items reflect the stories of yore, as they’ve been told throughout Black Spire Outpost. With a vast array of innovative goods, he adds, “[There are] many levels of discovery.”
There’s an app for that! Per D23: The app will provide new opportunities for guests to engage with the land, like translating a galactic language, learning what’s hidden inside crates and containers, or accomplishing certain tasks by participating in missions. Guests also can use the app to interact with a variety of elements, like antenna arrays, door panels, drinking fountains, droids, media screens, and ships.
We can’t wait to see Star Wars come to live at Disneyland and Walt Disney World! Summer is just around the corner!