In this episode the DisGeek crew talks about the new Star Wars – Season of the Force additions to Tomorrowland.
The sparkle of the Diamond Celebration and the thrill of Star Wars Season of the Force make the holidays an ideal time to create magical memories with loved ones at the Disneyland Resort. From special holiday experiences and themed decorations to delicious treats and commemorative merchandise, guests will find lots of ways to celebrate at the Merriest Place on Earth.
- Experience the Dazzle of the Diamond Celebration: Each night at the Disneyland Resort, the all-new “Paint the Night” parade at Disneyland Park sparkles with more than 1.5 million twinkling lights and the “Disneyland Forever” fireworks spectacular illuminates the skies. During the show, animated sequences are projected onto the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A.; the façade of “it’s a small world”; the mist screens of Rivers of America; and the Matterhorn. Merchandise and food and beverage locations across the Disneyland Resort will continue to offer commemorative Diamond Celebration offerings during the holidays.
- Join the Worldwide Celebration at “it’s a small world” Holiday: From the brilliantly lit façade to the intricate details inside, “it’s a small world” Holiday is decked out in decorations that honor cultures across the globe and how they unite to celebrate the season.
- See Two Holidays Collide at Haunted Mansion Holiday: For the first time, the Hatbox Ghost joins Jack Skellington and his frightful friends from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” as they host a “spirited” Halloween and Christmas celebration, filled with spooky surprises and eerily cheerful décor.
- Revel in the Merry Magic of “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade: Guests will witness the spirit of the season sweeping through Disneyland as Santa Claus and classic Disney characters merrily march down Main Street, U.S.A. in “A Christmas Fantasy” parade, a holiday tradition at the Disneyland Resort for more than 20 years.
- Snap a Photo with Santa: Between preparing for his famous flight on Christmas Eve and leading his reindeer in “A Christmas Fantasy” parade, Santa Claus visits Critter Country at Disneyland and Elias & Co. at Disney California Adventure Park to meet with guests and hear their holiday wishes.
- Delight in Special Holiday Dishes and Treats: Dining locations across the Disneyland Resort add even more merriment with delicious food, beverages and desserts guests may enjoy only during the holiday season. The classic peppermint bark and “snow-capped” dark chocolate peppermint gourmet apples may be found in the resort’s candy kitchens.
- Enjoy Two Different Shows at “World of Color”: This year, guests may enjoy two versions of the breathtaking nighttime spectacular “World of Color,” nightly at Disney California Adventure. The cast of 1,200 dancing fountains, lights and special effects honor the Diamond Celebration with the performance of “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” and the holidays with “World of Color – Winter Dreams.” Guests may check the park calendar for show times.
- Dance and Dine at Disney “¡Viva Navidad!”: José Carioca and Panchito of “The Three Caballeros” team up with Donald Duck to host a lively seasonal celebration at Disney California Adventure. Colorful “mojiganga” puppets, folklorico dancing, festive music and flavorful menu items at Paradise Pier honor Latino holiday traditions.
- Have a Flurry of Fun at “Olaf’s Snow Fest”: Stage 17 at Disney California Adventure transforms into an Arendellian winter wonderland with lively music, “Frozen”-inspired treats and an expansive play area with real snow. After zipping down the snow slide and building their own snowmen, guests may share a warm hug with Olaf.
- Take the Family to Downtown Disney Winter Village and “Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink”: Just outside the parks in the Downtown Disney District, the entire family may enjoy a flurry of wintertime fun skating at “Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink.” The charming chalets in the Downtown Disney Winter Village offer holiday shopping, each with its own selection of seasonal gifts or treats. Admission to “Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink,” including skate rental and helmets, is $17 for adults and $15 for children ages nine and under.
- Race Through the Star Wars Galaxy on Hyperspace Mountain: A brand new experience during Season of the Force, the classic Space Mountain attraction in Tomorrowland is reimagined to transport guests right onto the front lines of an exciting X-Wing battle.
- Become Immersed in the Star Wars Saga at Star Wars Launch Bay: At the new Tomorrowland Expo Center at Disneyland, guests at Star Wars Launch Bay will celebrate the Star Wars saga with fun interactive experiences, including encounters with Star Wars characters, all part of the new Season of the Force.