From the Disney Parks Blog
It’s almost time to let the good times roll at Disneyland park with the return of New Orleans Bayou Bash! – this year, part of “Limited Time Magic” here at the Disneyland Resort. New Orleans Square will be decked out for a party, and so will some of your favorite Disney friends! New Orleans Bayou Bash! will come alive in New Orleans Square from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on the following dates:
- January 18-21
- January 25-27
- February 1-3
- February 8-12
Here’s a look at what is in store:
- Princess Tiana’s Mardi Gras Celebration – Princess Tiana, Louis and Prince Naveen make their way through New Orleans Square to the Rivers of America, where a musical celebration takes place featuring tunes from Disney’s “The Princess and the Frog.”
- Jambalaya Jazz Band – The popular band will perform their jazzy tunes along the streets of New Orleans Square.
- Royal Street Bachelors – This Disneyland favorite will be found at the French Market Stage, and will be joined throughout the day by Princess Tiana.
- New Orleans Traditional Jazz Band – Throughout the day, a rousing Mardi Gras procession will burst onto the streets of New Orleans Square. In traditional “second line” style, an umbrella dancer leads the mash-up of colorful performers and musicians.
- Character Greetings at Court of Angels – Princess Tiana will be greeting Disneyland park guests along with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy in their Mardi Gras finest.
The Disney Parks Blog also posted about some of the food offerings for the New Orleans Bayou Bash
Let the good times roll! On select dates from January 18-February 12, the tastes of New Orleans are kicked up for the high-energy New Orleans Bayou Bash! at Disneyland park. Celebrate with Princess Tiana, jazz music and street performers – but feast on delicious “Limited Time Magic” offering seven days a week.
We’ll make a day of noshing on all the “Limited Time Magic” little bites, like the shrimp cocktail with jicama-mango slaw or the Louisiana-style lobster roll on buttered brioche at Harbour Galley, or the shrimp corn fritters and gooey cupcakes (red velvet or chocolate) at the French Market Restaurant. Maybe hot apple fritters at the Royal Street Veranda or Bananas Foster beignets with caramel dipping sauce at the Mint Julep Bar. We might sip our calories at the Mint Julep Bar with a Cajun and firefly-inspired Mint Julep or lemonade.
Churros, anyone? We have ’em, rolled in cinnamon sugar with a side of chocolate dipping sauce for a little extra.
But if you want to dig in and enjoy a hearty meal, make a reservation at Blue Bayou and order the wonderful specials available just for “Limited Time Magic.” Start with the Bayou Bouillabaisse with lobster, shrimp, red snapper, mussels and littleneck clams in a saffron-seafood broth, and end with apple fritters a la mode with vanilla bean ice cream. Or make your reservation at Café Orleans for “Fat City” Bass featuring pan-seared bass, cauliflower-potato cake, mango-pineapple relish and a dash of Scotch Bonnet pepper sauce.
For reservations, call 714-781-DINE or email dining reservation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.