In our Did You Know section of the site I present to you some cool facts about the Haunted Mansion Holiday. Ok, so I don’t have a Did You Know section and these facts come from The Disney Parks Blog but they are cool nonetheless!
Every year we know that they change up the Gingerbread House but here are a few other items that you may or may not know:
- More than 400 flickering candles and 100 Jack-O-Lanterns create a ghostly glow on the façade of the Haunted Mansion.
- Jack’s faithful dog Zero gathered more than 200 bones to use as décor, garland, and presents.
- More than two dozen additional animated figures “materialize” inside the Haunted Mansion during Haunted Mansion Holiday.
- Imagineer Kim Irvine, daughter of the original Madame Leota, makes a special spirited performance as the Haunted Mansion’s favorite psychic during Haunted Mansion Holiday. Leota Toombs, Disney Legend and long-time Imagineer, gave life to the head that for decades has floated inside the Haunted Mansion’s Crystal Ball in the Séance Room.
- Every year, a new ghoulish concept is created and Resort Foods bakes up a brand new Gingerbread House for the celebration scene in the Mansion’s Grand Hall.