Official Press Release:
ANAHEIM, Calif. (Nov. 12, 2014) – The fun, authentic and infectious entertainment of “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” adds to the merriment of the Holiday season at the Disneyland Resort, returning this year after its exciting debut in 2013. Guests will enjoy “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” Nov. 13, 2014 through Jan. 6, 2015 in Disney California Adventure Park, as the Happiest Place on Earth Just Gets Merrier.
The Holiday season is an ideal time for guests of all ages to show their holiday “Disney Side” and make magical memories at the Disneyland Resort.
“Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” is a lively holiday experience inspired by the richness, warmth and joyous spirit of the Latino culture, filled with holiday traditions, jubilant dancing and exciting music. Based in and around the Paradise Garden area of Disney California Adventure, the special activities include live Latino music, holiday foods and crafts, the “Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party” and, of course, appearances by some popular Disney characters.
- Disney characters participating in “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” include Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy in their festive costumes along with the Three Caballeros: Donald Duck, Panchito from Mexico and José Carioca from Brazil.
- Paradise Garden is decorated with holly, banners and Latino cultural icons, including traditional “papel picado” hand-cut paper art decorations.
- The lively “Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party” takes over Paradise Garden several times a day, featuring the Three Caballeros on a colorful holiday float, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse on brightly decorated street tricycles, Brazilian samba dancers and drummers and flag bearers. The street party draws on long-standing traditions that continue to be practiced today in small towns and cities of Mexico, where townspeople celebrate the holidays by processing down cobblestone streets with Mariachi bands, Folklórico dancers, larger than life “mojiganga” puppets and colorful flags.
- At the Paradise Garden bandstand, guests may enjoy performances by traditional Mariachi, Norteño, and other regional music groups. Also at Paradise Garden, community music and folklorico troupes will perform on the weekends.
- “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” guests will enjoy fun arts, crafts and storytelling, as well as a selection of unique merchandise in the area.
- Dining locations in Paradise Garden add an array of popular Mexican food options. Menus will feature Mexican dishes that are often served for the holidays, such as fresh seafood ceviche with citrus vinaigrette, pozole (hearty stew), chicken mole, street-style tacos, sopes de Barbacoa (shredded beef), Champurrado (Mexican-style hot chocolate), sweet tamales, torta al pastor (pork sandwich), cinnamon-dusted buñuelos (deep-fried sweet treat) with caramel sauce.
- The grand finale of “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” will be the special five-day celebration of Three Kings Day (Dia de los Reyes) Jan. 2 through 6, 2015 in Paradise Garden. Treats for this holiday will include traditional Rosca de Reyes bread.
“Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” brings its own special magic to the traditional holiday entertainment at the Disneyland Resort. Other holiday highlights this year include Anna and Elsa from “Frozen” appearing in the daily “A Christmas Fantasy” parade in Disneyland Park, nightly fireworks and a snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A. Holiday music, décor and characters in holiday attire are found throughout the resort. At Disney California Adventure, even Mater dons a red hat to meet guests inside the festively decorated Cars Land.
The special holiday “World of Color – Winter Dreams” returns, bringing the spirit of the season to life in a wondrous nighttime presentation of water, light and winter images from beloved Disney films, including “Frozen,” with snowman Olaf as your host and several of the film’s popular songs. The show dazzles the senses with stirring holiday music, amazing special effects and appearances by some of the most beloved Disney Characters.