Take part in “Happy Lunar New Year Celebration” at Disney California on Jan 31st – Feb 2 welcoming the Year of the Horse. With with colorful live performances, full-filled activities, beautiful décor, Disney characters in Lunar New Year costume, special food and merchandise offerings and, of course, a horse visitors are sure to have a fantastic time.
Lunar New Year, traditionally celebrated within Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, commemorates the moment when both the sun and the moon begin their journey for another year.
Highlights of the celebration at Disney California Adventure will include:
- “Mulan’s Chinese New Year Procession” led by a horse, a tribute to the Year of the Horse, and featuring Mulan, the dragon Mushu and umbrella dancers in brightly colored costumes along the performance corridor near Paradise Garden
- Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Chip and Dale, Mulan and Mushu, dressed in their best for Lunar New Year and welcoming guests for photos
- A separate photo location where guests may have their photo taken with the live horse, to celebrate the Year of the Horse
- Authentic performances including a Chinese dragon dancing troupe, lion dancers, Korean drummers, Vietnamese musicians and umbrella and fan dancers
- Lunar New Year décor throughout Paradise Garden, including ornamental lanterns and banners wishing guests a “Happy Lunar New Year” in English, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese
A variety of Lunar New Year commemorative merchandise, including a specially designed T-shirt, pin and the traditional red envelopes for gift-giving
- A food cart serving steamed pork buns with sweet chili sauce and almond cookies, plus, at Bayside Brews across from Paradise Garden Grill, Tsingtao beer and ginger milk tea
But the fun is not only at Disney California! Downtown Disney celebrates Lunar New Year with special menu items in many of its restaurants, Monday, Jan. 27 through Saturday, Feb. 1. Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese performing arts groups present the music, dance and costumes of their cultures on Friday evening, Jan. 31, from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Downtown Disney stage near the ESPN Zone.
For full press release from the Disneyland Resort click here.